11.27.2010

Quick Delivery: Va Bene Pasta Deli

For the longest time, our office pantry had an interesting magnetic menu on the fridge. I find it quite nifty since the restaurants are classified into cuisines, i.e. Mexican, Italian, Japanese, Filipino, American, and Chinese. Even better was the sole number that one should call in order to have something delivered: 2121212. I haven't tried Quick Delivery until recently when my bestfriend Cha visited me at work.

Cha Torres
hello interwebz, meet Cha

Okay. We really do TRY to stay away from carbs since we've been enrolled in dance/boxing classes for the past month. But we've got a really stressful week ahead and we deserve an excuse for a "free pass." Meh! I figured it would be a great choice to have Va Bene Pasta Deli (VB) Quick Delivered since the location is just near to our office. Also, I saw raves online about their freshly made pasta so it's reasonable to give it a try. After checking their online menu, I called around 6:15pm and placed an order for I Canneloni, Gnocchi, and Beef Lasagna. I was not put on hold (good) and the call lasted for just about 7 minutes (better--I don't like to telebabad). Delivery time would take about 50-60 minutes according to the 2121212 phone rep. Unfortunately, the kuya went to a different building so it took longer than usual (around 70 minutes?). He apologized profusely though (the rains were heavy too) so I let it pass.

Va Bene Pasta Deli
VB

My order came in microwavable plastic containers—the ones that stores usually use for take-outs. But I was quite surprised that there were no QD stickers anywhere. Maybe they forgot to put it? Not really sure. But from a marketing perspective, I think it would be helpful to have stickers or even labeled plastic bags for deliveries.

Va Bene Pasta Deli
Fresh from delivery, woot!

Va Bene Quick Delivery
get ready for the battle!!!!

For appetizer, we had the Gnocci (Php280) which are potato dumplings in four cheese sauce. Funny, the smell reminded me of ginataang bilo-bilo. I like how the sauce compliments the softness of the potatoes. However, it's quite filling for a starter so you might want to go easy on this one.

Gnocchi
Gnocchi

Gnocchi

Another VB's signature dish is the I Canneloni (Php280). It's two pieces of rolled pasta sheets with spinach and ham in light tomato cream sauce. See, I'm not a huge fan of spinach but this dish made me feel otherwise. Make sure to order this one ever you do drop by the resto or have your nom delivered! :)

I Canneloni
I Canneloni

I Canneloni
Love Love Love!!!

I've mentioned that VB's pride is in their hand rolled pastas. They have a wide variety of pasta dishes but I decided to play safe for my third dish--Beef Lasagna (Php320). VB's version tastes lighter than my usual preference. I like my lasagna with lots of cheese and beef because I'm a monster like that. =p VB's version highlighted the pasta itself more than the filling. But, hey, maybe this is how it should be in Italy?

Beef Lasagna
Beef Lasagna

Beef Lasagna


My night ended well with good food and company. Thanks QD and VB!

Va Bene Pasta Deli is located at 2nd Level, Petron Gasoline Station EDSA cor. Arnaiz Avenue, DasmariƱas Village Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines. For Metro Manila deliveries*, visit www.quickdelivery.ph or dial 2121212.

*Delivery charges depend per location. For more information, click here.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts with Thumbnails